Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sleeping Cutie

As the days went on, Goliath seemed like he couldnt possibly be any cuter! His favorite place to sleep was on top of a pile of my clothes! He would choose a warm sweater that I wore that day which had been tossed on the floor, to sleep on rather than a cozy blanket. I think it comforted him to sleep with something that smelled like me.

Faithfully, every morning (unless my dad insisted on holding him) Goliath would come with me into the bathroom and sleep on my pjs while I took a shower. Every so often I would peek out from behind the shower curtain to check on him. When he would see my face, and hear my voice coming from  behind  curtain, he would trot over to the tub and try to climb in with me! Some days, when he was tired, he would just look up at me as if to say "hey mom!" then go back to sleep on my pile of pjs.

After I caught on to this, I started putting my laundry in a corner of my room rather than in my hamper. I sometimes even threw a pair of jeans I had worn the day before in his crate! He HATED his crate and would never go in it, unless there was a clothing article of mine for him to snuggle up with and keep him company. Of course, I never had the heart to force him in his crate. It broke my heart to hear his little bark and see his big sad eyes looking up at me. It was plain to see what he was thinking: "Why are you doing this to me!?" So  I would take him out after less than a minute. A friend came over once and said to me "Don't you ever put that dog down!?" I tried to lie, and say "no, I really only hold him this much when he's sick..." but then, who was I kidding? Of course I never put him down!

1 comment: