Friday, January 21, 2011

My Best Friend

For some reason I have never been one to make plans with friends every day after school, and hang out with friends between every activity. I started becoming really lonely and sad and needed a little companion. I had been kicking around the idea of a puppy for a long time before finally making the decision to go ahead and go for it! And then I met Goliath <3

After I brought him home, I never dreaded going home after school and being bored. He always kept me on my toes to say the least! I never had a dull moment with him =) Goliath had a way of brightening my day, no matter how awful it was. Whether it was him following me around the house, or snuggling up on the couch with me and smothering me in kisses, he always made me so happy. He also entertained me endlessly by trying to play with the cat, Salem. He never quite knew what to think about her. It would make me laugh so hard watching him try to interact with her.

Even taking the time to make his food every morning, and feed him made me happy. Giving him his medicine and taking care of him was something I looked forward to every day. It didn't matter if I was the one who was sick, I was still happy to get up and tend to his needs. It sounds cheesy, but even cleaning up after him felt so fulfilling. I never got sick of it, or annoyed of it. It made me happy to feel like he needed me as much as I needed him. He was my best friend and I loved him more than I thought could ever be possible.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Il9E7Z-xlHU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment